THE DAILY CYCLONE NEWS
00:00 UTC, May 20th, 2019
NOTE: Information on this template is taken from the local Regional Specialized Meteorological Centers, who issue official warnings on tropical cyclones and possible suspect areas when needed. Please note that information on this template may be slightly out of date during busier periods of tropical cyclone activity.
There are no systems in the Atlantic basin at this time.
Eastern/Central Pacific storms
There are no systems in the East or Central Pacific basins at this time.
There are no systems in the West Pacific basin at this time.
There are no systems in the Southern Hemisphere at this time.
Welcome to the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki, a friendly community on which you can create your very own tropical cyclone seasons, made completely from your imagination!
Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki - 131,104 pages, 53,424 files, 7,764 articles and 367,664 edits being improved by -1 friendly active users since September 28, 2010.
Today is Monday, May 20, 2019. The current time is 07:26 UTC.
This encyclonepedia, founded by Sjmaven1993 on September 28, 2010, is for tropical cyclone enthusiasts who want to make articles for all kinds of tropical cyclones, as they have come to their wonderful imagination. This wiki is where you can let your tropical cyclone-ridden mind go absolutely wild! Do whatever you want to do! Get yourself off the couch, sit down on that comfortable weatherman's chair, and make some tropical cyclones!
Let's get editing!
(Please check this page for more information about the wiki.)
Here is how you can get started:
- Let us know about you. Edit your userpage.
- Personalize your user page. Show your creativity!
- Want to meet new friends? Try visiting our Discord chat!
You can also check our inside chat.
- Read and edit on this wiki!
- And make your own hypothetical hurricane seasons, as awesome as they can be, with as many storms as you like! Click here to get started and read this guide to help you make your very own season! Need some more help? Maybe this page is for you.
- Need any help? You can message any admin on their message wall!
Anyway, we're happy to have you here! Enjoy the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki!
- ... that Tropical Storm Arlene was the sixth known subtropical or tropical cyclone to form in the month of April in the Atlantic basin?
- ... that Tropical Storm Bret was the lowest latitude named storm in the month of June since 1933 at 9.4°N, and the earliest storm to form in the Main Development Region on record, surpassing a record set by Tropical Storm Ana in 1979?
- ... that Tropical Storm Cindy was the first tropical cyclone to make landfall in Louisiana since Hurricane Isaac in 2012?
- ... that Hurricane Harvey was the costliest hurricane in the history of the Atlantic basin, and the first major hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Hurricane Wilma in 2005?
- ... that Hurricane Irma became the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic basin on record outside of the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico, and produced the second-most Accumulated Cyclone Energy of any Atlantic hurricane on record?
- ... that Hurricane Maria became the second landfalling Category 5 hurricane in the Atlantic of the 2017 season, and likely the worst natural disaster on record for Dominica and Puerto Rico?
- ... that Hurricane Ophelia became the easternmost Atlantic major hurricane on record?
- ... that the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season was the costliest season on record, featured the seventh-highest Accumulated Cyclone Energy of any Atlantic hurricane season on record, and tied the record for most consecutive hurricanes in a season?
- ... that Hurricane Florence became the wettest tropical cyclone on record for the Carolinas, and the eighth-wettest overall in the contiguous United States?
- ... that Hurricane Leslie was the strongest tropical cyclone to stike the Iberian Peninsula since 1842?
- ... that Typhoon Yutu became the second-strongest system to hit the United States and its unincorporated territories by wind speed?
- ... that Hurricane Michael became the strongest storm to hit the Florida Panhandle and the first major hurricane to enter the state of Georgia since 1898?
- ... that the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season had seen seven subtropical storms, more than any other season on record?
- ... that the 2018 Pacific hurricane season was the most active Pacific hurricane season in terms of Accumulated Cyclone Energy on record?
News of 2017
- EFFECTIVE — January 1, 2017 — a personal message from Bobnekaro:
Happy New Year HHW! Let's hope 2017 is a great one!
- EFFECTIVE — February 18, 2017 — Hurricane Idol's season 10 will start in the upcoming days. You can submit your names by clicking here. Once 50 names are reached, the season will start.
- EFFECTIVE — August 7, 2017 — The 11th season of Hurricane Idol will begin at 4:00 PM EDT, August 9. You can submit names until this time. This season is hosted by AkioTheOne and Money Hurricane. Good luck!
- EFFECTIVE — December 19, 2017 — Wow. HHW has reached 5,000 pages! This is an amazing accomplishment after 7 years of HHW!
News of 2018
- EFFECTIVE — June 18, 2018 — A personal message from Hypercane:
We just hit 6,000 pages! I remember when we had less than 1,000 pages in 2013 when I first started here, thank you to all of our contributors past and present for making this milestone possible.
- EFFECTIVE — July 7, 2018 — Hurricane Idol Season 13 name submissions officially started on this date. It is currently hosted by Farm River and co-hosted by HurricaneBrick.
- EFFECTIVE — September 30, 2018 — Enemy lists will be removed immediately from userpages. This is being done to resolve a conflict that has been going on for the past several months and to prevent further conflict in the future. We are asking that you remove the enemy lists from your pages immediately if you are able to. If you cannot, ask an administrator to do it for you. If you refuse to remove them, we will remove them regardless.
News of 2019
If you want to make a hypothetical hurricane season, please look at this guide listed here: Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki:How to start a Hypothetical Hurricane Season. Additionally, you can view these sample articles listed here in order to help get your hurricane-making juices flowing:
- 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season (Vile - Modoki)
- 2014 Reimagined Atlantic hurricane season (Bob)
- The Great Christmas Hurricane of 2015 (Sassmaster15)
- 2018 Minecraft hurricane season (roussil97)
- 2052 Pacific typhoon season (HurricaneOdile)
- 2058 Pacific hurricane season (HurricaneOdile)
- 2017-18 Arctic cyclone season
- Cyclone Alu (GaryKJR)
This wiki is powered by MediaWiki.