Welcome to the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki, a wiki-based comprehensive database of hypothetical tropical cyclone articles that anyone can edit.
Important note: all of the pages in this website, with the exception of a few pages from Wikipedia and other administrative pages, are hypothetical, i.e. not real, fictional. Any coincidence or similarity to any real life events is purely a coincidence.
If you want to know more about the wiki, please check this page for more information!
Read fictional seasons updated in real-time!
A lot of seasons...
Read about several hypothetical Atlantic hurricane seasons!
Take a look at this unusual cyclone in the Hudson Bay!
Click the button to see all pages.
Tropical Cyclone Headlines:
THE DAILY CYCLONE NEWS
21:46 UTC, August 5, 2020
NOTE: Information on this template is taken from the local Regional Specialized Meteorological Centers, who issue official warnings on tropical cyclones and possible suspect areas when needed. Please note that information on this template may be slightly out of date during busier periods of tropical cyclone activity.
There are no storms active in the ATL at this time.
Season Stats (as of 8/5/20). TD: 10 TS: 9 HU: 2 MH: 0
Eastern/Central Pacific storms
There are no systems active in EPAC and CPAC at this time.
Season Stats (as of 8/5/20) TD: 8 TS: 4 HU: 1 MH: 1
There are no storms active in the WPAC at this time.
Season Stats (as of 8/5/20) TD: 6 TS: 4 TY: 2 STY: 0
No storms are active in the NIO at this time.
Season Stats (as of 8/5/20) TD: 3 DD: 2 CY: 2 SCS: 2 VSCS: 1 ESCS: 1 SuCS: 1
Southern Hemisphere/Australian region:
The Southern Hemisphere's season has ended, so expect a lull of activity until after November begins.
31 depressions, 29 storms, 12 cyclones, 4 majors, and 2 Category 5 storms have formed so far worldwide this year.
Are you new on this wiki? Welcome!
Here is how you can get started:
- Let us know about you. Edit your userpage.
- Set up your profile and personalize your user page. Show your creativity!
- Want to meet new friends? Try visiting our Discord chat, or talking with out users on Discussions!
- Read and edit on this wiki!
- And make your own hypothetical hurricane seasons! Click here to get started and read this guide to help you make your very own season! Need some more help? Maybe this page is for you.
- Need any help? You can message any admin on their message wall!
Anyway, we're happy to have you here! Enjoy the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki!
Did you know...
- …that Hurricane Lorenzo of 2019 is the only Category 5 Atlantic hurricane to not make landfall as a tropical cyclone?
- …that Typhoon Wutip of 2019 became the strongest typhoon in the month of February?
- …that Typhoon Hagibis of 2019 is the costliest typhoon on record?
- …that Cyclone Kyarr of 2019 became the strongest tropical cyclone in the Arabian Sea?
- …that the 2019 North Indian Ocean cyclone season was the most active North Indian Ocean cyclone season in terms of Accumulated Cyclone Energy (ACE)?
- …that the 2018–19 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season was the most destructive and most active season on record for the basin?
View this extremely intense storm made by GaryKJR! This article was created a few years ago, but continues to impress users due to its high level of details and consistency in its descriptions, which led to users voting this the next article of the month.
If you want to make a hypothetical hurricane season, please look at this guide listed here: Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki:How to start a Hypothetical Hurricane Season. Additionally, you can view these sample articles listed here in order to help get your hurricane-making juices flowing:
- 2019 Atlantic hurricane season
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season (HurricaneLucas4064)
- 1991 Atlantic hurricane season (SDTWFC What Might Have Been)
- 2018 Minecraft Hurricane Season (CycloneMC)
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season (Sandy156)
- 2019 Atlantic foodcane season
- 2019 Philippine basin typhoon season
- 2019 Pacific Hurricane Season (MasterGarfield)