Tropical Cyclone Headlines:
THE DAILY CYCLONE NEWS
04:39 UTC, September 18th, 2019
NOTE: Information on this template is taken from the local Regional Specialized Meteorological Centers, who issue official warnings on tropical cyclones and possible suspect areas when needed. Please note that information on this template may be slightly out of date during busier periods of tropical cyclone activity.
Hurricane Humberto: Wind speed 100 knots, 115 miles per hour. Central pressure 951 millibars. (Advisory #22)
Tropical Depression Ten: Wind speed 30 knots, 35 miles per hour. Central pressure 1006 millibars. (Advisory #3)
Tropical Depression Imelda: Wind speed 30 knots, 35 miles per hour. Central pressure 1007 millibars. (Advisory #3)
Eastern/Central Pacific storms
Tropical Storm Kiko: Wind speed 45 knots, 50 miles per hour. Central pressure 1002 millibars. (Advisory #23)
Tropical Storm Mario: Wind speed 35 knots, 40 miles per hour. Central pressure 1004 millibars. (Advisory #3)
Tropical Storm Lorena: Wind speed 45 knots, 50 miles per hour. Central pressure 1002 millibars. (Advisory #3)
There are no systems in the West Pacific basin at this time.
There are no systems in the Northern Indian basin at this time.
There are no systems in the Southern Hemisphere at this time.
Welcome to the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki, a friendly community on which you can create your very own tropical cyclone seasons, made completely from your imagination!
We've been editing 8,318 articles since September 28, 2010.
Today is Friday, September 20, 2019. The current time is 05:02 UTC.
This encyclonepedia, founded by Sjmaven1993 on September 28, 2010, is for tropical cyclone enthusiasts who want to make articles for all kinds of tropical cyclones, as they have come to their wonderful imagination. This wiki is where you can let your tropical cyclone-ridden mind go absolutely wild! Do whatever you want to do! Get yourself off the couch, sit down on that comfortable weatherman's chair, and make some tropical cyclones!
Let's get editing!
If you want to know more about us, please check this page for more information about the wiki!
Are you new on this wiki? Welcome!
Here is how you can get started:
- Let us know about you. Edit your userpage.
- Set up your profile and personalize your user page. Show your creativity!
- Want to meet new friends? Try visiting our Discord chat, or talking with out users on the forums or on Discussions!
- Read and edit on this wiki!
- And make your own hypothetical hurricane seasons, as awesome as they can be, with as many storms as you like! Click here to get started and read this guide to help you make your very own season! Need some more help? Maybe this page is for you.
- Need any help? You can message any admin on their message wall!
Anyway, we're happy to have you here! Enjoy the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki!
Did you know...
- ... that the formation of Subtropical Storm Andrea marked the fifth year in a row where a tropical or subtropical cyclone developed before the official start of the season?
- ... that the 2019 Pacific hurricane season is the latest-starting Pacific hurricane season on record since reliable records started in 1971?
- ... that Tropical Storm Cindy was the first tropical cyclone to make landfall in Louisiana since Hurricane Isaac in 2012?
- ... that Hurricane Harvey was the costliest hurricane in the history of the Atlantic basin, and the first major hurricane to make landfall in the United States since Hurricane Wilma in 2005?
- ... that Hurricane Irma became the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic basin on record outside of the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico, and produced the second-most Accumulated Cyclone Energy of any Atlantic hurricane on record?
- ... that Hurricane Maria became the second landfalling Category 5 hurricane in the Atlantic of the 2017 season, and likely the worst natural disaster on record for Dominica and Puerto Rico?
- ... that Hurricane Ophelia became the easternmost Atlantic major hurricane on record?
- ... that the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season was the costliest season on record, featured the seventh-highest Accumulated Cyclone Energy of any Atlantic hurricane season on record, and tied the record for most consecutive hurricanes in a season?
- ... that Hurricane Florence became the wettest tropical cyclone on record for the Carolinas, and the eighth-wettest overall in the contiguous United States?
- ... that Hurricane Leslie was the strongest tropical cyclone to stike the Iberian Peninsula since 1842?
- ... that Typhoon Yutu became the second-strongest system to hit the United States and its unincorporated territories by wind speed?
- ... that Hurricane Michael became the strongest storm to hit the Florida Panhandle and the first major hurricane to enter the state of Georgia since 1898?
- ... that the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season had seen seven subtropical storms, more than any other season on record?
- ... that the 2018 Pacific hurricane season was the most active Pacific hurricane season in terms of Accumulated Cyclone Energy on record?
News of 2019
- EFFECTIVE — March 1, 2019 — Season 14 of Hurricane Idol has started! This year's season is being hosted by Roy25 and co-hosted by Cooper7579. Make sure to check out the rounds in this page here!
News of 2018
- EFFECTIVE — June 18, 2018 — A personal message from Hypercane:
We just hit 6,000 pages! I remember when we had less than 1,000 pages in 2013 when I first started here, thank you to all of our contributors past and present for making this milestone possible.
- EFFECTIVE — July 7, 2018 — Hurricane Idol Season 13 name submissions officially started on this date. It is currently hosted by Farm River and co-hosted by HurricaneBrick.
- EFFECTIVE — September 30, 2018 — Enemy lists will be removed immediately from userpages. This is being done to resolve a conflict that has been going on for the past several months and to prevent further conflict in the future. We are asking that you remove the enemy lists from your pages immediately if you are able to. If you cannot, ask an administrator to do it for you. If you refuse to remove them, we will remove them regardless.
News of 2017
- EFFECTIVE — January 1, 2017 — a personal message from Bobnekaro:
Happy New Year HHW! Let's hope 2017 is a great one!
- EFFECTIVE — February 18, 2017 — Hurricane Idol's season 10 will start in the upcoming days. You can submit your names by clicking here. Once 50 names are reached, the season will start.
- EFFECTIVE — August 7, 2017 — The 11th season of Hurricane Idol will begin at 4:00 PM EDT, August 9. You can submit names until this time. This season is hosted by AkioTheOne and Money Hurricane. Good luck!
- EFFECTIVE — December 19, 2017 — Wow. HHW has reached 5,000 pages! This is an amazing accomplishment after 7 years of HHW!
If you want to make a hypothetical hurricane season, please look at this guide listed here: Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki:How to start a Hypothetical Hurricane Season. Additionally, you can view these sample articles listed here in order to help get your hurricane-making juices flowing:
- 2019 Atlantic hurricane season
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season (HurricaneLucas4064)
- 1991 Atlantic hurricane season (SDTWFC What Might Have Been)
- 2018 Minecraft Hurricane Season (CycloneMC)
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season (Sandy156)
- 2019 Atlantic foodcane season
- 2019 Philippine basin typhoon season
- 2019 Pacific Hurricane Season (MasterGarfield)
See Special:Forum for more.