Welcome to the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki, a wiki-based comprehensive database of hypothetical tropical cyclone articles that anyone can edit.
Important note: with the exception of a few pages from Wikipedia and other administrative pages, all of the pages on this website are hypothetical, i.e. not real or fictional. Any similarity or coincidence to real-life events is purely coincidental.
Tropical cyclone headlines:
THE DAILY CYCLONE NEWS
November 14th, 2021
NOTE 1: Information on this template is taken from the local Regional Specialized Meteorological Centers, who issue official warnings on tropical cyclones and possible suspect areas when needed. Please note that information on this template may be slightly out of date during busier periods of tropical cyclone activity.
|Tropical depressions||Tropical storms||Hurricanes/
|Major hurricanes||Active Systems|
|North Indian Ocean||5||4||3||2||None...|
|South-West Indian Ocean||Season not started|
|Australian region||Season not started|
|South Pacific||Season not started|
Are you new here? Welcome!
Here is how you can get started:
- Take a look at the wiki guidelines.
- Let us know about you. Check out and edit your userpage.
- Set up your profile and personalize your user page. Show the wiki your creativity!
- Want to meet new friends, chat with them and discuss a variety of topics? Try visiting our official Discord chat, or talk with other users on Discussions!
- Read, create, edit, and discuss projects on this wiki!
- And the most important thing of all, create your own hypothetical hurricane articles! Click here to get started and read this guide to help you make your very own season! Need some more help? Maybe this page is for you.
- Stuck on something? Need help or critique? You can message the administrators of this wiki on their message walls!
Anyway, we're happy to have you here! Enjoy the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki!
Countdown to the end of the 2022 Atlantic, Central Pacific, and East Pacific hurricane seasons
The 2014 Atlantic hurricane season was the second-most active Atlantic hurricane season in history to the 2005 season in terms of named storms. It featured 24 tropical cyclones, all of which were named storms, 16 hurricanes (which set a record), and 9 major hurricanes (which also set a record). Read more...
View past featured articles here
News of 2021
- EFFECTIVE — March 1, 2021 — Season 18 of Hurricane Idol has started! This year's season is being hosted by Kiko Snowe and co-hosted by Sandy156. Make sure to check out the rounds in this page here!
- EFFECTIVE — April 2, 2021 — Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki reaches 12,000 pages!
- EFFECTIVE — May 22, 2021 — Season 18 of Hurricane Idol has ended! The winning name of the season is Mitch, submitted by KingLucarius! The runner-up name is Kiko while Lorena gets third place, both names submitted by HypotheticalHurricane! Congratulations to both users!
- EFFECTIVE — August 22, 2021 — Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki reaches 13,000 pages!
- EFFECTIVE — September 4, 2021 — Season 19 of Hurricane Idol has started! This season is being hosted by Roy25 and co-hosted by HurricaneLucas4064. Make sure to check out the rounds in this page here!
- EFFECTIVE — November 28, 2021 — Season 19 of Hurricane Idol has ended! The winning name of the season is Tanya, submitted by KingLucarius! The runner-up name is Nock-ten, submitted by GloriouslyBlonde while Enrique gets third place, submitted by Foxauthor65! Congratulations to all three users!
News of 2020
- EFFECTIVE — January 25, 2020 — Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki reaches 9,000 pages!
- EFFECTIVE — July 25, 2020 — Hurricanes Wiki reaches 10,000 pages! Many thanks to all who made this happen!
- EFFECTIVE — September 28, 2020 — Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki celebrates its 10th anniversary!
- EFFECTIVE — November 30, 2020 — Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki reaches 11,000 pages!
If you want to make a hypothetical hurricane season, take a look at this guide. Additionally, you can view these sample articles listed here in order to help get your hurricane-making juices flowing:
- 2052 Atlantic Hurricane Season (HurricaneAngel7)
- Hurricane Iota (Bruh Season)
- Superstorm Odette
- Hurricane Fiona
Did you know...
- …that the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is the most active season on record for the basin?
- …that the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is the first season since 2005 to exhaust the standard naming list and use the Greek alphabet?
- …that Hurricane Ida of 2021 is the strongest hurricane on record to make landfall on the US state of Louisiana?
- …that Subtropical Storm Alpha of 2020 was the first recorded tropical cyclone to make landfall in Portugal?
- …that the 2020 Pacific hurricane season produced the lowest amount of hurricanes since 2010?
- …that Typhoon Goni of 2020 is the strongest landfalling tropical cyclone on record, with winds up to 195 mph per 1-min sustained winds upon landfall?
- …that the 2020 North Indian Ocean cyclone season is the costliest season on record for the basin?
- …that Cyclone Amphan of 2020 was the first super cyclone that formed in the Bay of Bengal since 1999 as well as the costliest North Indian Ocean tropical cyclone on record?
- …that Cyclone Gati of 2020 was the strongest tropical cyclone to make landfall in Somalia?