Tropical Cyclone Headlines:
THE DAILY CYCLONE NEWS
14:27 UTC, March 26, 2020
NOTE: Information on this template is taken from the local Regional Specialized Meteorological Centers, who issue official warnings on tropical cyclones and possible suspect areas when needed. Please note that information on this template may be slightly out of date during busier periods of tropical cyclone activity.
There are no systems active in the Atlantic. The season ended, and will begin again on June 1st, 2020.
Eastern/Central Pacific storms
There are no systems active in the Pacific. The season ended, and will begin again on May 15th, 2020.
No storms are active in the West Pacific at this time. However, Invest 93W has been designated and has a chance of developing as it moves westward.
No storms are active at this time.
Southern Hemisphere/Australian region:
No storms are active at this time.
21 depressions, 20 storms, 7 cyclones, 1 major, and 0 Category 5 storms have formed so far worldwide this year.
Read fictional seasons updated in real-time!
A lot of seasons...
Read about several hypothetical Atlantic hurricane seasons!
Take a look at this strong Central Atlantic hurricane!
Click the button to see all pages.
We've been editing 9,307 articles since September 28, 2010.
This encyclonepedia, founded by Sjmaven1993 on September 28, 2010, is for tropical cyclone enthusiasts who want to make articles for all kinds of tropical cyclones, as they have come to their wonderful imagination. This wiki is where you can let your tropical cyclone-ridden mind go absolutely wild! Do whatever you want to do! Get yourself off the couch, sit down on that comfortable weatherman's chair, and make some tropical cyclones!
Let's get editing!
If you want to know more about us, please check this page for more information about the wiki!
Are you new on this wiki? Welcome!
Here is how you can get started:
- Let us know about you. Edit your userpage.
- Set up your profile and personalize your user page. Show your creativity!
- Want to meet new friends? Try visiting our Discord chat, or talking with out users on Discussions!
- Read and edit on this wiki!
- And make your own hypothetical hurricane seasons, as awesome as they can be, with as many storms as you like! Click here to get started and read this guide to help you make your very own season! Need some more help? Maybe this page is for you.
- Need any help? You can message any admin on their message wall!
Anyway, we're happy to have you here! Enjoy the Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki!
Did you know...
- …that Hurricane Lorenzo of 2019 is the only Category 5 Atlantic hurricane to not make landfall as a tropical cyclone?
- …that Typhoon Wutip of 2019 became the strongest typhoon in the month of February?
- …that Typhoon Hagibis of 2019 is the costliest typhoon on record?
- …that Cyclone Kyarr of 2019 became the strongest tropical cyclone in the Arabian Sea?
- …that the 2019 North Indian Ocean cyclone season was the most active North Indian Ocean cyclone season in terms of Accumulated Cyclone Energy (ACE)?
- …that the 2018–19 South-West Indian Ocean cyclone season was the most destructive and most active season on record for the basin?
News of 2019
- EFFECTIVE — March 1, 2019 — Season 14 of Hurricane Idol has started! This year's season is being hosted by Roy25 and co-hosted by Cooper7579. Make sure to check out the rounds in this page here!
News of 2018
- EFFECTIVE — June 18, 2018 — A personal message from Hypercane:
We just hit 6,000 pages! I remember when we had less than 1,000 pages in 2013 when I first started here, thank you to all of our contributors past and present for making this milestone possible.
- EFFECTIVE — July 7, 2018 — Hurricane Idol Season 13 name submissions officially started on this date. It is currently hosted by Farm River and co-hosted by HurricaneBrick.
- EFFECTIVE — September 30, 2018 — Enemy lists will be removed immediately from userpages. This is being done to resolve a conflict that has been going on for the past several months and to prevent further conflict in the future. We are asking that you remove the enemy lists from your pages immediately if you are able to. If you cannot, ask an administrator to do it for you. If you refuse to remove them, we will remove them regardless.
If you want to make a hypothetical hurricane season, please look at this guide listed here: Hypothetical Hurricanes Wiki:How to start a Hypothetical Hurricane Season. Additionally, you can view these sample articles listed here in order to help get your hurricane-making juices flowing:
- 2019 Atlantic hurricane season
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season (HurricaneLucas4064)
- 1991 Atlantic hurricane season (SDTWFC What Might Have Been)
- 2018 Minecraft Hurricane Season (CycloneMC)
- 2020 Atlantic hurricane season (Sandy156)
- 2019 Atlantic foodcane season
- 2019 Philippine basin typhoon season
- 2019 Pacific Hurricane Season (MasterGarfield)