Hello <insert name here>! My name is Sandy, a rollback + chat moderator here in HHW, and I’m 14 years old. I like tracking hurricanes and all sorts of stuff since I first encountered them in 2014. I live in Southern Arizona, where I get hit by monsoons and trust me, it's hot there with temps up to 100F+ in the summer.
I am also an introvert, not talking and interacting that much in real life and spending my time with my devices and whatnot. That is why I wear glasses and that my vision is poor. I do have a speech impediment, which makes me kind of a shy person irl because I sometimes can’t talk properly. I interact with my classmates as best as I can, and I befriend some people along the way despite me being an introvert. I’m part Asian, specifically Filipino, although I haven't learned Tagalog quite yet. But I love Filipino cuisine, it's delicious! I'm a straight A student and a nerd at math.
I visited this wiki back in 2015-2016, when I saw the pages that Bob had created, the userpages of StrawberryMaster and Odile, and all that kind of stuff. I also have a Wikipedia account, which I use to edit tropical cyclone pages and *formerly* reverting vandalism in Wikipedia. My Wikipedia account is right here: Sandy14156
Arizona is one of the only two states not to observe Daylight Savings Time. Therefore, the clock remains at UTC-7 or Mountain Standard Time all year round. Current time in Arizona: 18:28 (MST)
If you have any questions or concerns, let me know in my message wall. I may not answer all your questions, but don't be afraid to ask! :)
Pages I created!
Hypothetical hurricane / WMHB seasons
Right here: List of seasons made by Sandy156
Individual storm articles
- Hurricane Kyle (Sandy156) - One of my most detailed hurricane articles
- Hurricane Sally - Another one of my most detailed hurricane articles
- Hurricane Kirk - A (kinda) detailed article
- 2020 Sandlantic hurricane season - currently active
- 2020 Sandific hurricane season - currently active
- 2020-21 Sandistralia cyclone season - Future season
- 2020-21 South Sandlantic cyclone season - Future season
Credit to Bob for making this original infobox.
DONE. No chance of returning. I'm in this stage if I am gone FOREVER with nearly no chance of ever returning. I have dissipated. This is basically "ABSOLUTE RETIREMENT."
|Remnant low||Interest has decreased, or I am way too busy off-wiki to contribute here. In this stage I am mostly retired, although there is still a chance I may return to being a very active user and regenerating at some point.||No|
|Tropical Depression||In this stage, I am semi-retired from the wiki, real-life events prevent me from being active, or I am taking a long break from the wiki. I will stop in from time to time at this stage, but I will not be very active at all.||No|
|Tropical Storm||Uh oh! I have weakened below hurricane status! At this stage, I make edits every few weeks, and am nearing semi-retirement. This stage may happen during the Atlantic offseason. I still edit from time to time, but my activity is fairly limited.||No|
|Category 1 hurricane||In this category, I come on from time to time about once a week or so. At this stage I'm still semi-active, but I won't be on every day. However, at this rating, there is a good chance I will become fully active again at some point.||No|
|Category 2 hurricane||Real-life events, such as school, limit me from being fully active on this wiki. However, I am still very interested, and edit several times a week, appearing on average about 5-7 days each week. In this stage, I'm either starting to become active or starting to go inactive.||No|
|Category 3 hurricane||At this category, I am fairly active, editing most days. I'm on Discord quite frequently, but not all the time. On average with this rating I edit every day, but may not make many seasons or new pages. However, I am still very interested in the wiki, and am not close to going inactive.||No|
|Category 4 hurricane||In this category, I'm on for an average of 3-5 hours a day, every day without missing any days. I’m also quite active on Discord too.||Yes|
|Category 5 hurricane||In this category, I am on every day for over 5 hours a day. My hurricane interest is as strong as it will ever be. I will edit a lot, and be on Discord nearly all day. I am most commonly in this stage on Summer Break when I am not on vacation, on Christmas Break, or Spring or Fall Break.||No|
|Subtropical Cyclone||During this stage, I am only going to have limited access to HHW. I am most likely on vacation, family is visiting or I am suffering through an internet outage. In most cases I will be able to check HHW for a bit, but I won't be able to spend a lot of time on HHW if I'm a Subtropical Cyclone.||No|
- 1st edit - January 16, 2019
- 10th edit - January 20, 2019
- 50th edit - January 21, 2019
- 100th edit - January 23, 2019
- 200th edit - January 26, 2019
- 250th edit - January 28, 2019
- 500th edit - February 4, 2019
- 1000th edit - March 1, 2019
- 2000th edit - July 1, 2019
- 2500th edit - August 8, 2019
- 3000th edit - September 11, 2019
- 4000th edit - January 4, 2020
- 5000th edit - April 11, 2020
- User - January 26, 2019
- Autopatrolled User - June 11, 2019
- Chat Moderator - September 14, 2019
- Rollback - January 26, 2020
Hurricanes I experienced
In Southern Arizona, I get hit by remnant lows that were once Pacific hurricanes. Here are the storms I experienced since 2014.
- Odile (2014) - This was the strongest storm I ever experienced, it even canceled school for a day! Well, since it was more than 4 years ago, I can’t clearly remember it but I remember getting on the bus after school and then water started pouring down, causing flooding and moderate gusts.
- 16-E (2015) - caused heavy rain in my area.
- Newton (2016) - its remnants hit me from the north causing usual flooding and heavy rain.
- 19-E (2018) - 16-E 2.0.
- Rosa (2018) - brought rain to us.
- Sergio (2018) - was in San Diego when it hit, heavy rain poured the city causing moderate flooding.
- Lorena (2019) - got some t-storms that were associated with Lorena.
- October 2018 - was a hailstorm that brought surprising hail to my area
- February 22, 2019 - a surprise storm that brought snow to my area (I played with the snow btw). Brought about 2 in of snow.
- Main article: Usercane Sandy
Category 2 usercane (NUC)
|As of||April 25, 2020|
|Location||Western tropical Atlantic|
|Intensity||105 mph, 967 mbar|
|Movement||NE at 5 mpd|
On January 16, a tropical wave originated off Africa and onto warm waters. Abruptly, it rapidly organized starting on January 20 and on January 24, it strengthened into Tropical Userpression Four. A couple days later, it intensified into a tropical userstorm, and was named Sandy. During the months of February and March, it entered an area of low to moderate wind shear, causing the system to slowly intensify. The userstorm then entered an area of low to no wind shear and warmer waters in late May and early June, which contributed to the strengthening of the storm. It finally intensified into a severe tropical userstorm on June 11, the third one of the season. It strengthened gradually over time, further becoming a Category 1 usercane on September 14, the second one of the season. Sandy intensified into a Category 2 usercane on January 26, 2020.
Current storm information
As of April 25, 2020, Usercane Sandy is located in the Western Tropical Atlantic. Maximum 1-minute sustained winds are at 105 mph (165 km/h). The minimum central barometric pressure is 967 mbar (hPa) and the system is moving northwest at 4 miles per day.